Points determine placement (e.g. winners, losers, etc.) in rounds and matches. Each scenario has its own objectives, which usually give the largest number of points, but some activities will earn points for all scenarios.
- A player receives one point for every ten points of damage their units and cards inflict upon enemy units (rounded down).
- A player receives two points for every enemy unit their units or cards kill.
- A player receives ten points for each influence that a unit of theirs picks up, unless that unit already had an influence; a player also receives ten points for each direct effect bonus (such as the forgiven bonus) that a unit of theirs picks up, except for the Bonus Point Star. Bonuses that are played as cards do not give points.
- A player earns 25 points for picking up a Bonus Point Star .
- A player receives five points whenever one of their units picks up a carried item, unless that unit was already in possession of a carried item.
- A player recieves 10 points for picking up a card.
Each scenario has specific objectives which award points to players who complete them. These are as follows:
- In Gold Rush and Claim Jumping, a player earns 50 points for each gold nugget in their claim at the end of a match.
- In Cattle Rustling, each cow branded at the end of a match earns a player 50 points; additionally, every tick, a player receives one point for each cow they currently have branded.
- In Land Grab, each homestead claimed at the end of a match earns a player 50 points; additionally, every tick, a player receives one point for each homestead they currently have claimed.
Indian Trading Post
- In Wendigo Attack, a player receives 15 points for each unit of theirs that is on a glowing rune when the wendigo strikes; they also receives 15 points for each unit of theirs that is holding a sacred talisman when the wendigo strikes. If a player's unit is both holding a talisman and standing on a rune when the wendigo strikes, then they receive 40 points.
- In Totem Building, a player earns 10 points for each small totem piece of theirs left on a totem pole at the end of the match, 20 points for each medium piece, and 30 points for each large piece; a player also receives 50 points for each totem pole that they have the most pieces on. Additionally, as totem poles get taller, they provide more points.
- In Forest Guardians, a player receives one point for every seven hitpoints their units' growing provides to a tree. If a unit is growing a tree with a frog fetish, it only recieves one point per tick.
- In Warpath, a player gets 50 points for each level of their big shot.
Points outside matches
In bounties and the practice mode at the ranch, points are still tracked, but do not affect gameplay in the same fashion as in matches. In some bounty missions, neither placement nor points determine whether or not a player wins or loses; in other missions, requirements on placement, raw points earned, or both are imposed, though often with other requirements as well.
In practice games at the ranch there are no official winners or losers, and therefore points are mostly irrelevant. Moreover, as there are no bonuses or objectives, the only way to earn points is by damaging or killing enemy units.